As we all know the World is facing a pandemic situation in the form of Covid-19. We are going through a huge loss economically. Moreover, along with economic loss but people who are locked in their homes for so long are getting physically inactive, mentally depressed, accompanied by anxiety, malaise, and laziness.
Covid times are hard, we have to keep everything in our mind from regular sanitization to social distancing, boosting the immune system, and keeping indoors. Among all, we must not forget the importance of our physical and mental health. As both these play an important role in living a healthy life and increasing the quality of life.
- Stick to an active routine – Yes, we know that you cannot step out for meeting a friend, going shopping, office so you can maintain a healthy active routine at your comfy home itself.
You can get up in the morning at the same time every day without any laziness or delay. Do a workout, take a shower, and make a healthy nutritious breakfast for yourself and your family. This might sound very simple but sticking to a daily routine shows the desirable result of healthy mental health.
- Stretch out in the living room – You can stretch out in the living room or some open space and do some yoga as prescribed by your Yoga practitioner. Regular yoga helps to improve heart health and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Add a home workout – You can add simple home work out in your daily life by following various home workouts at You Tube and other social media platforms. All you need is a good internet connection, a mobile phone, I-pad or a laptop along with a water bottle and a towel. The home workout involves physical activity that helps to boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality, energy while reducing the risk of stress, depression, dementia, etc.
- Try hobbies that keep you moving – Some hobbies like embroidery, sewing, pottery, origami, flower pressing, knitting will help you to loosen the joints, lift your spirits, and keep you busy.
- Practice gentle lifting exercises – Try to do leg weight and arm exercises. Move them ten times and then rest for 30 seconds and repeat four times. These lifts you can do it from the comfort of your sofa.
- Indulge with your bodyweight workouts – You must include squat by taking the support of the back of a stable dining chair. Try to do planks, sit-ups, lunge, incline, etc by the help of simple household things and with the help of You Tube guidelines.
- Practice basic circulation principles – These principles are important to improve blood circulation and prevent you from getting stiff. You must keep a stopwatch beside you and keep an eye on that and keep a stroll around your room every 30 minutes. Moreover, whenever you are sitting practice flexing and rotate your ankles and lower leg for improved circulation.
- Always take the stairs – Take 10 to 15 minutes in the morning, at lunch, and in the evening. Be careful and take the support of the staircase whenever needed.
- Keep the mind active – It’s high time to take all your favourite solving problems that are buried under bookshelves. Some of them include sudoku, maths equations, word puzzles, crosswords that will help to maintain mental positivity and sharpness.
- Learn to meditate – Meditation is the practice of training the mind to a state of mental clarity and it further helps to deal with stress, reducing levels of depression and anxiety.
- A healthy meal – Surround yourself with healthy sources of vitamins and minerals. A healthy and satisfactory meal is important to stay physically and mentally fit.
- Clean and sanitize your home on a daily basis – This will keep you mentally and physically fit and help to keep the pathogens away from your family and loved ones. Try to sanitize everything that you bring from outside and try to disinfect your household goods regularly.
Keep yourself busy and you can utilize your time keeping your mental and physical health in your mind. You can improve your health condition during this extended lockdown just by keeping certain things in your mind.