Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that affects millions of people. Diabetes is a lifelong disorder as it cannot be treated and it can be only brought under control. In diabetes, the blood glucose level goes high or low in comparison to the normal value. To regulate the blood sugar level it is very important to choose the right Ayurvedic product, live a healthy life which is accompanied by regular exercise, maintaining a healthy weight and consuming a balanced diet.
Diabetes in Ayurveda –
Diabetes is known as Madhumeh in Ayurveda. Since ancient times Ayurveda has been brought into use to control the blood sugar level with its excellent herbs enriched with the anti-diabetic property.
Types of diabetes –
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus which was earlier known as insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus
(IDDM) or juvenile-onset diabetes mellitus. In this type of diabetes little or no sugar is produced in the body of the patient. Usually, Type 1 diabetes starts in children but it can occur at any age.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus which was earlier known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) or adult-onset diabetes. Type 2 is quite a common form of diabetes and is very strongly associated with genetic tendency and obesity. Normal or even high levels of insulin are produced in a person with type 2 diabetes but there are certain factors that make its utilization ineffective. Some of the common factors include a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy dietary patterns, and consequent obesity. Usually, Type 2 diabetes starts in adulthood but now you can see in obese adolescents also.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus is also known as pregnancy-induced diabetes.
- Secondary diabetes mellitus is caused by genetic conditions which include pancreatic diseases (e.g. inflammation, surgery or malignancy of the pancreas, etc.), drugs or other medical conditions (Acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, Pheochromocytoma, Hyperthyroidism, Congenital rubella, etc.).
Symptoms of diabetes –
If you have diabetes you will experience following symptoms –
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Slow-healing wounds
- Increased appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Skin infections
- Irritation, weakness, fatigue
- Presence of ketone particles in the urine
You are more prone to develop diabetes if you are –
- Obese or have excess body weight
- Any family member with diabetes (medical history)
- If you are 45 or above
- If you follow a sedentary lifestyle
- Have prediabetes
- In any of the medical condition like high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high triglycerides
Lifestyle changes –
Along with Ayurvedic treatment, you will require a daily physical exercise (brisk walking, cycling, water aerobics, jogging, skipping, etc), healthy body weight with a balanced diet divided into equal portions, intake of fiber-enriched fresh fruits and vegetables with healthy fats. Among all, regular monitoring of your blood glucose level is very important.
Some important test to diagnose the blood sugar level –
- Fasting plasma glucose (FPG) test
- A1C test
- Random plasma glucose (RPG) test
- Glucose tolerance test
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Urine ketone test
- Blood ketones test
Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes –
Ambic Ayurveda is enriched with an excellent Ayurvedic product, Diabiant tablet to control the blood glucose level. Diabiant tablet is enriched with various Ayurvedic herbs like Vijaysar, Nag Bhasma, Bang Bhasma, Tamr Bhasma, Shudh Shilajeet, Prameha Gaj Kesari, Chandraprabha Vati, Madhumeh Naashni Gutika, Jamun Guthali, Karela, Neem Sadabahar, Gudmaar which aim to control various symptoms and prevent diabetes and its complications to occur such as cardiovascular diseases, nerve damage (neuropathy), kidney damage (neuropathy), eye damage (retinopathy), hearing impairment etc.
Among the beneficial herbs, Karela is an effective herb that helps to increase the production of insulin. It further helps to burn out the excess glucose level and thus reduces the level of blood sugar level. It has a potent hypoglycemic activity which helps to manage diabetes symptoms and make Diabiant tablet the best Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes care.