Hyperacidity in simple words means when the level of acid (gastric acid) in the stomach increases to the normal level. As our stomach secretes hydrochloric acid, which is a digestive juice that helps in breaking down the food particles in its minutest form which aids in digestion. When the amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach increases, this condition is well known as hyperacidity.
Under which condition hyperacidity occurs?
Due to our changing lifestyle, we are surrounded by multiple medical disorders, out of which acidity is amongst them. Our eating habit plays a major role in our overall health. Some of the gastrointestinal disorders arise due to our eating habits and hyperacidity is among one of them. Every one of us has experienced acidity especially when you consume a heavy meal. It can be easily seen in youngsters, adults and now slowly and gradually even teenagers are under acidity arrest. The reason behind this is the people used to consume a heavy and spicy meal and go to their bed. You must have seen teenagers sitting on their comfy couch and enjoying their hamburgers with chips and cold drinks.
Our lifestyle has become so sedentary that we have kicked off exercise from our day to day routine. Most of us spend their day sitting on a chair with minimal movements. Moreover, this is the only reason why we are experiencing health issues at an early age. You can easily find a teenager suffering from acidity as he is continuously gobbling up noodles in his breakfast, enjoying pizza and croissants in his lunch ending up with chicken and carbonated drinks in his dinner. The next day you will find him yelling in pain and complaining about his acidity and regurgitation.
Some of the symptoms you might experience: –
- Sense of stiffness in the stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Constipation in the stomach area
- Feeling of indigestion
- Sour belching
- Vomiting and nausea
- Do not feel active, feeling of restlessness
- Dysphagia, a condition where there is a feeling of food particles being stuck in the throat.
Healthy Diet & Lifestyle Advice: –
- Tea, coffee and other carbonated or alcoholic beverages should be avoided.
- Say ‘No’ to processed and fermented foods.
- During cooking avoid garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes, and vinegar.
- Rich and thick gravies along with sour, salty, and spicy foods should be avoided.
- Do not take curd during the night.
- Meals should be taken in a relaxed atmosphere at a regular interval.
- Try to practice Yoga and Pranayama which includes Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Salabhasana, Bhastrika Pranayama, Shitali Pranayama along with Shitkari Pranayama.
Ayurvedic treatment of hyperacidity –
Hyperacidity is well known as Amla Pitta in Ayurveda (Amla means sour and Pitta means heat). Therefore, it is a condition characterized by an increase of sourness and heat in the body. The Pitta which gets aggravated impairs the digestive fire, leading to improper digestion of food and production of ama (toxins). However, this ama gets accumulated in the digestive channels and hence causes Hyperacidity.
Hyperacidity treatment mainly focuses to pacify the aggravated Pitta Dosha. Ambic Ayurved is enriched with two excellent Ayurvedic products Pachast Syrup and Pachast Tablet which effectively helps in Ayurvedic Treatment for Gastrointestinal Diseases. They are enriched with effective herbs like Triphala, Jeerak, Trikatu, Lawan Bhaskar Churna, Pipali mool, Giloy, Tulsi, Punarnava, Vach, etc. These Ayurvedic herbs are a super cleanser which helps to eliminate toxins from the body and cleanse the entire channels. This in turn, automatically enhances the digestive fire, which leads to healthier and better digestion.